Every year, Massachusetts utilities report the location of gas leaks in their territories to the Department of Public Utilities. HEET uses the reports to create the maps and information below. Use these maps to zoom in on your home, school, or business to find local gas leaks.
- The maps are snapshots in time as of the last day covered by the report, December 31 of each year
- Any one leak could have been repaired since or new ones developed
- Independent researchers typically find 1.5 to 3 times as many leaks as utilities report
- Google Maps places map pins on buildings. The leaks are on public streets, not inside buildings.
- Google Maps tend to work best in Chrome browsers. If you are using Chrome but experiencing difficulties, email us.
This work has been supported through a kind donation by Boston Mothers Out Front and Clean Water Fund, as well as assistance from Sierra Club of Massachusetts.