Specific to New England
Most do-it-yourself books about saving energy are written for the entire country. They pretend that a task like installing an efficient heating system is just as important in Florida as it is in Massachusetts—that it will save the same amount of energy in both places.
The Honest Book is more accurate. It tells you the most effective energy-saving tasks for New England’s weather, energy use, and buildings.
Award-winning HEET has worked in hundreds of buildings from tiny homes to historic churches, teaching over 3,000 volunteers hands-on skills in energy efficiency. We know how to explain these tasks in clear, simple language.
• The 45 most effective do-it-yourself tasks
• Clear step-by-step directions
• Energy-saving estimates
• More than 250 photos
• Tasks for renters
• Links to the needed materials
• Best energy-saving professional tasks
• A checklist for finding a good contractor
• Information on how to check that the job was done right
• State-by-state list of utility rebates and free services
Note: The Honest Book is a PDF (not a paper book).
We are a grassroots non-profit. The Honest Book proceeds help us save more energy.